We don’t change your floors or install new floors. We make your existing floors safe!
We all know someone who has either slipped in their home or nearly did. You may have experienced that yourself in your lifetime. In fact, each year, nearly 234,000 people, aged 15 and older, suffer some type of injury in their bathrooms alone that required a trip to the emergency room. When you take into consideration the injuries occurring on kitchen floors, pool decks, and walkways, the numbers are truly staggering.
Sentinel Safe Floors can treat all areas in your home, both inside and outside, that present a clear and present danger of a slip-and-fall accident. This safety feature is particularly important for residences where children or the elderly live. Call today to discuss how we can help protect you and your loved ones. It’s so affordable, you’ll wonder why you didn’t do this sooner.
NO MESS | NO SMELL | NO DRYING TIME | NO MORE SLIPPERY SURFACES
Shocking Statistics Regarding Elderly Falls:
- When an elderly person falls, their hospital stays are almost two times longer than those stays of elderly patients who are admitted for any other reason.
- The risk of falling increases with age and is greater for women than men.
- Annually, falls are reported by one-third of all people over the age of 65.
- Two-thirds of those who fall will do so again within six months.
- Falls are the leading cause of death from injury among people aged 85 and older.
- Approximately 9,500 deaths in older Americans are associated with falls each year.
- More than half of all fatal falls involve people aged 75 or over.
- Among people aged 65 to 69, one out of every 200 falls results in a hip fracture.
- One-fourth of seniors over 85 who fracture a hip from a fall will die within six months of the injury.
Pet Owners, We’ve Got Your Back
Do you have slippery hardwood stairs that often make you feel like you could easily fall down them? Do you have a pet that has a difficult time walking down those stairs without losing its footing? If your answer is yes to either or both of these questions, Sentinel Safe Floors has a solution for you.
The average veterinary cost to set and cast a dog’s broken leg is $2,000. Even a minor fracture in which only rest is needed can cost $500 for the visit and initial treatment. The average cost of a dog’s ACL or CCL injury is $3,000.
On average, a dog will climb 132,000 stairs each year and every time they take one of those steps up or down, the owner runs the risk of writing out one of those big checks. We have a solution to minimize that risk for a fraction of the cost of one those vet bills. We treat the stairs to make them slip resistant while maintaining the natural wood beauty.
Show your family, both two legged and four legged, just how much you love them by keeping them safe!