With a slip-and-fall accident occurring every eight seconds, it’s imperative that all businesses with employees or that are open to the public do everything in their power to maintain reasonably safe premises for their own protection and the protection of employees and visitors. There have been numerous, high-profile slip-and-fall cases around the world, each costing businesses hundreds of thousands of dollars or more and slip-and-fall accidents, due to wet floors, are the most common. With the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) releasing new guidelines and new fines this year, the time is now to protect yourself, your business, your employees, and your customers.
YOU KNOW THERE’S A PROBLEM:
- Approximately 25,000 people a day are victims to slip-and-fall accidents.
- The expense of these injuries is approximately $30 billion per year.
- Same-level falls cost $10 billion
- The average cost of a slip-related injury exceeds $12,000. (Wausau Insurance)
- The average cost to defend a slip-and-fall lawsuit is $50,000. (National Floor Safety Institute)
- Plaintiffs win 51% of all premises liability claims. (Jury Verdict Research)
- One of the most frequently reported injuries ~ 25% of reported claims per year
- Over 17% of all disabling occupational injuries result from falls
WE HAVE THE SOLUTION:
For a fraction of the cost of defending a slip-and-fall or workers’ compensation claim, Sentinel Safe Floors can treat your floors to make them slip resistant and bring them up to the standards set by OSHA and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). We will provide you with a certificate proving your floors’ safe state for your records so you can show that you are actively putting the safety of your employees, guests and patrons first.
Restaurants, Car Dealerships, Retail Stores, Hotels, Hospitals, Manufacturing Facilities, Warehouses and more, can benefit from our cost-effective, affordable solutions.